Saturday, July 17, 2010

Chris gets a free dog



For Chris' 5th anniversary of coming out alive from his paralyzes accident (June 30, 2005), I let him pick out a dog. We found an add in the Penny Savor for a free dog and we went to take a look. He came from a litter of 10, the mom is a full breed German Shepherd and the dad is a full breed Turkish Kangal. Chris had always wanted a German Shepherd, but had never heard of a Turkish Kangal (neither had I). Well, so the story goes, "Max" rode home with us and has been a part of our family sense!!! Chris always said he wanted a dog and would name him Maximus Demises Muridus, after the guy from the Gladiator and I would name my dog, Minimus-which I did! He's been a hand full, he's huge, but fun!!! He is 4.5 months now and weighs 55 pounds!!!

No comments: